Summary of activities
The Bank of Mauritius opened its Regional Office in Rodrigues on 23 February 1999 at Douglas Street ( now Max Lucchesi Street), Cliderlex Building, Port Mathurin, Rodrigues.
The Office operates with nine staff members and the following activities and services are provided:
Banking and Currency activities
- Maintenance of current accounts with commercial banks and Government Institutions
- Supply of good quality banknotes and coins to commercial banks.
- Accepting deposits of banknotes and coins from commercial banks and Government Institutions ( Rodrigues Regional Assembly & MRA )
- Ensuring adequate supply of banknotes and coins to meet public demand
- Exchange of soiled and mutilated banknotes
- Daily clearance of cheques through Cheque Truncation System (CTS) since July 2014.
Other services and activities
- Provide on-line Credit Profile Report to public on application, through MCIB since July 2014.
- Provide customer care services in giving advice and receiving complaints.
- Promote public awareness of regulations of the Central Bank in the financial system.
- Participate in the CSR activities of the Central Bank in organising the annual BOM Inter Club Youth Championship since 2009.
Bank of Mauritius
Max Lucchesi Street
Telephone: +230 831 27 76 / +230 831 27 77
Fax : +230 8312775